Coronavirus hygiene protocol
Given the rising concerns regarding COVID-19, I would like to take this opportunity to highlight that I am committed to keeping my clients safe as your health, safety and wellbeing are always a top priority for me.
I keep up to date with the latest guidance and updates from WHO and Public Health England.
As a standard operating procedure, I regularly disinfect the treatment room, including all parts and mechanisms of the massage bed with antibacterial liquids and wipes after each appointment.
However, during this period of increased concern, I have implemented additional preventive measures, including:
- I disinfect massage bed, card reader, my, a table and door handle with 70% surgical spirit after each appointment in addition to using antibacterial wipes
- I encourage every client to wash their hands right before the appointment
- Every client is welcome to use antibacterial wipes and spray with 70% surgical spirit.
- I use therapeutic essential oils for diffuser which have proven to have antiviral effect against flu, influenza and hepatitis viruses.
My favourite bland for diffuser is Tea Three , Bergamot , Eucalyptus and Clove Bud.
Also, I use a bland of two highly effective anti-inflammatory oils that also have antibacterial and antiviral properties for massage treatment:
- Narayana Ayurvedic Body Massage consists of:
Camphor tree oil
- Active 35 oil is based on the Mahanaryan oil blend consists of:
Cardamom essential oil
These oils might not only be protective against different germs, but could also strengthen your immune system, especially in combination with therapeutic massage.
This period of self-isolation and quarantine might be stressful and overwhelming, however please remember that actually stress is one of the main factors that can weaken our immune system and make us more vulnerable to infections.
How to keep your immune system strong :
1) Maintain good sleep routine there is a great book written by PhD Matthew Walker, “Why we sleep” . You can also find his talks on YouTube, TED and podcasts on this topic.
2) Healthy diet, full of nutrition. There is another book “Why we eat “ , I am joking there is no such a book, but if this topic is interesting for you I would recommend you a good book written by a personal trainer James Smith, “Not a diet book” that consists of many advices about dieting and fitness.
3) It is good time to buy an aromatherapy diffuser. Put a few drops of Lavander oil and Sandalwood and you would create a protective and pleasant aroma that would help you to relax.
4) Have a walk. Walking for 30 minutes a day or more on most days of the week is a great way to improve or maintain your overall health, improve your mood and strengthen your immune system.
I hope this was helpful. Take care of yourself and your dear ones.
If you have any questions related to hygiene procedures in the treatment room or in the whole Light Center, please do not hesitate to contact me.