Our Health and Safery Protocol
I would like to take the opportunity to assure you that health and safety of my clients have always been my main priority.
I would like to make you feel as safe possible when you book am appointment and visit my practice, so this page covers all the processes and procedures I have in place in partnership with Light Center Monument.
I have completed the COVID-19 Health, Safety and Hygiene course for Massage and Holistic therapists in order to have up to date knowledge and to ensure the highest levels of safety.
Daily Safety measures include:
- Min 15 min gap between appointments dedicated to enhanced cleaning of the therapy room.
- Air conditioning system has new improved filters that helps purify an air more effectively. I personally switch the air conditioning between cool and hot mode all the time in order to ensure the permanent air ventilation and comfortable temperature for you.
- Every bottle of massage oils is wrapped in the paper and cleaned with 90 % spirit after each appointment.
- Enhanced disinfection of massage bed, card reader, table, door handle, chairs, consultation form board and other equipment in the room with more than 90% surgical spirit. The common area of the Light Center will be undergoing deep cleaning on the regular basis as well.
- The floor will be mopped and cleaned after each treatment.
- The waiting area at the Light Centre will be following social distancing rules and floor markings to help guide you.
- Wall mounted temperature check for everyone in arrival to the Light Center.
- Hand sanitiser is provide on the reception for use
What to expect on your next visit
1. 24 hours before your appointment:
I will be sending a text message/email to each customer asking to answer the following health screening questions before appointment:
– Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by a doctor or a local public health official in the last 10 days?
– Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 10 days (fever 38.3°C or 101°F, continuous cough or shortness of breath)?
– Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell?
– Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 10 days?
If at least one question is answered ‘yes’, I will ask to reschedule the appointment for a later date, conditional on the customer not developing
2. When you arrive
- I will check your temperature on the reception or at treatment room and confirm nothing’s changed from your screening questions.
- I will ask you to wash your hands on the bathroom or in my treatment room
- I will be wearing a medial mask/face visor and consultation will be going on the safe distance .
3. During the session
- I will be wearing the face visor, disposable aprons and mask during the session.
- I will wash my hands and forearms up to the elobows again just before the session
- I will wear the gloves , if treatment doesn’t require skin to skin contact , like kinesiotaping or if you wish me to do so.
- I will keep the ventilation of the room as described above .
4. After the session
- I will wash my hands just after the treatment
- The consultation will be on the safe distance
- The payment will taken contactless by using the card reader , if haven’t paid online already .
Aromatherapy diffuser with Lavander, sandalwood and rose oils will help to create a plesant and calm ambience in the treatment room.
Also, many of the essential oils well known for their antimicrobial and antiviral properties .
All these measures will be taking by following government guidance as well as guidance from Federation of Holistic therapist and Massage training institute .
I believe that it is important to be committed to all safe and healthy measures described above as it helps all of us to decrease the spread of the virus and come back to usual life as soon as possible.
If you’d like to read government guidance regarding close contact services (like massage therapy), here’s the link to what we’re using for reference.