Who We Are
Remedial Massage Practice gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data.
Remedial Massage Practice Ltd registered office is at 167-169 Great Portland Street, 5th floor, London, W1W 5PF and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 14466906. We are registered on the Information
Information That We Collect
Remedial Massage Practice processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect from you include: –
- Title / Name
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email / Business Email
- Home Telephone Number / Mobile Telephone Number / Work Telephone Number
- Work Title
- Medical insurance details
- Referral Source
- Special Category Data (i.e. health/medical information, work history, hobbies, family background)
- GP / Consultant Details
- Bank details (for refund purposes only)
- CV’s for new therapists
We collect information in the below ways: –
- Website ‘contact us’ page
- Email correspondence (either from you or referral from GP / Consultant or employer)
- Face to face consultation
- Social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Employment CV’s
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Remedial Massage Practice takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- We collect your personal data so we can book you an appointment and identify you when providing you with our services.
- We collect your personal data to ensure that appointment confirmation and reminders are sent out to your preferred phone and email address.
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for physiotherapy and occupational therapy note keeping.
- We may share your data with external health care professionals who are involved in, or recommended to be involved in your care. This will always be discussed with you and consent gained.
- We may share your data with your external referring company or insurer (where applicable) as part of your treatment programme. This will always be discussed with you and consent gained.
You have the right to access any personal information that Remedial Massage Practice processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Remedial Massage Practice uses third parties to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Remedial Massage Practice use Timely to book our appointments online, provide electronic note keeping and storage for your special category data, send out invoices, send out receipts and store practice letters. All data in relation to your practical management is processed and stored here.
For more information about Timely, please read their Privacy Notice at
Remedial massage practice uses Treatwell as booking and advertising platform. Client details are held digitally on their secure servers and access to the booking platform is password protected. Only our staff are able to access the system for the purpose of providing treatment services and for management of the platform.
Remedial Massage Practice Ltd uses Free Agent to electronically assist our book keeping. The only information we provide them with is your name, address, referral source, insurer codes (if applicable) and appointment dates to meet business and legal requirements.
SumUp for Payment Processing
Introduction to SumUp Payment Services
At Remedial Massage Practice, we are dedicated to providing not only exceptional therapeutic services but also a smooth and secure payment experience. To facilitate this, we utilize SumUp as one of our payment processing services. SumUp is known for its user-friendly interface and stringent security measures, ensuring a reliable payment process for our clients.
How SumUp Functions
- Payment Processing: SumUp processes transactions when clients use their credit or debit cards for payment. We selected SumUp for its efficiency and secure handling of payment data.
- Security Protocols: SumUp employs state-of-the-art security and encryption techniques to safeguard your financial information. It adheres to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), which is a benchmark for secure payment processing.
Data Privacy and Security
- Non-retention of Card Details: Our practice does not retain any credit or debit card details. All such information is directly processed and secured by SumUp.
- Confidentiality: We share only the necessary information with SumUp to complete the transaction, including your name, card details, transaction amount, and date.
Compliance and Trust
- Regulatory Compliance: SumUp is committed to abiding by relevant privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR, to ensure that your financial data is managed responsibly and securely.
- Transparency: For comprehensive information regarding SumUp’s approach to data handling and protection, we encourage you to visit SumUp’s Privacy and Security Policies.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Access and Inquiry: You have the right to request information about the data we collect during payment processing. While we don’t store your card details, we can provide details about transactions processed through SumUp.
- Questions and Feedback: If you have any queries or concerns about using SumUp for payment transactions, please contact us. We are committed to maintaining a transparent and trustworthy relationship with our clients.
Square Payment Gateway
At Remedial Massage Practice, we prioritize not only the quality of our services but also the security and convenience of your transactions. To this end, we utilize Square as our payment gateway for processing client payments. Square is renowned for its robust security measures and ease of use, ensuring a seamless and secure transaction experience for our clients.
How Square Works
- Transaction Processing: When you make a payment, Square processes your credit or debit card information. We chose Square because of its reputation for reliability and secure handling of payment data.
- Data Encryption and Security: Square employs advanced encryption and security protocols to protect your financial information. They adhere to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) to ensure the highest level of security.
Data Privacy and Security
- No Storage of Card Details: Remedial Massage Practice does not store your credit or debit card details. All card information is processed and secured by Square.
- Confidentiality: Only essential information required to process your payment is shared with Square. This may include your name, card number, the transaction amount, and the date of the transaction.
Compliance and Trust
- Compliance with Regulations: Square is committed to complying with privacy laws and regulations, including GDPR, ensuring your financial data is handled with the utmost care and legal compliance.
- Transparency: For more detailed information about how Square handles and protects your personal and financial information, please visit Square’s Privacy and Security Policies.
- Access and Control: As a client, you have the right to inquire about the data we collect during payment transactions. While we do not store your payment details, we can provide information about the transactions processed through Square.
- Queries and Concerns: Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of Square for payment processing, please feel free to contact us. We are dedicated to ensuring transparency and trust in all our client interactions.
Remedial Massage Practice use iZettle to take card payments from self-paying customers at the time of your appointment. Examples of personal data that iZettle may process are your name, personal ID number or date of birth, home address, e-mail address, IP-address, unique identifier of devices you use to access and use the services and our websites, bank account details and transaction history information and encrypted card data.
For more information about iZettle , please read their Privacy Notice at
Use of Third-Party Services for Consultation Forms and Client Notes
GetTimely and Consult
In our Remedial Massage Practice, we utilize GetTimely and Consult services to manage consultation forms and make client notes. These platforms are integral to the efficient and secure management of our client information.
Data Storage and Security
- Device Security: All client information stored in these systems is accessed via an iPad, which is secured with a 6-digit code known only to our therapists. This measure ensures that client data is only accessible to authorized personnel.
- Cloud Storage: For added security and reliability, all data entered into GetTimely and Consult is stored in the cloud. This means that even if the physical device is compromised, the data remains secure and confidential.
Compliance and Privacy
- As a practice, we are committed to upholding the highest standards of data privacy and security. We align our data handling practices with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant privacy laws.
Your Rights and Choices
- Access and Control: As our client, you have the right to access the information we hold about you. You can also request updates or corrections to this information at any time.
- Data Portability: Upon request, we can provide you with a copy of your data in a commonly used and machine-readable format.
Remedial Massage Practice takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
- Restricted access / IT authentication
- Anti-Virus / Malware
- Email encryption
Remedial Massage Practice utilise some products or services (or parts of them) that may be hosted/stored in non-EU countries, which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the below purposes: –
- Website hosting
- Email servers
- Marketing database
Therefore, when you use our website, send us an email, sign up to our newsletter etc… the personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted in non-EU countries. Where this is the case, we will take steps to ensure that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures set out by Remedial Massage Practice Ltd to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Remedial Massage Practice, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our practical services, we will not be able to offer our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Remedial Massage Practice only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. We are required by UK Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy guidelines to keep your practice records for a minimum of 8 years from the date of last treatment for adult records, and for children eight years after their 18th birthday or until 25 years of age.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Special Categories Data
Owing to the services and treatments that we offer, Remedial Massage Practice will need to process sensitive personal information (known as special category data) about you, to ensure safe and effective treatment can take place. Where we collect such information, we will only request and process the minimum necessary for the specified purpose and identify a compliant legal basis for doing so.
Where we rely on your consent for processing special category data, we will obtain your explicit consent through a signature at your first consultation. You can modify or withdraw consent at any time, which we will act on immediately, unless there is a legitimate or legal reason for not doing so.
Lodging A Complaint
Remedial Massage Practice only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Remedial Massage Practice Ltd
167-169 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 5PF
020 8050 9658, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remedial Massage Practice take your privacy seriously and will only process your personal data with your consent and in accordance with the terms stated in our Privacy Notice. We will obtain your explicit consent through a signature at your first face-to-face consultation. You can modify or withdraw consent at any time, which we will act on immediately, unless there is a legitimate or legal reason for not doing so.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies, you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.or